Just finished updating the blog with a couple of new features. The main one is tags for posts, based on this guide by Christian Specht. Because Jekyll is a static site generator it can be difficult to generate dynamic pages such as tag pages on the fly. The solution I used here is half way there - I still have to create a new tag page each time I define a new tag. This solution from Charlie Park looks neat, but the plugin didn’t compile for me. I also convinced myself that I could add more detail to each tag page if I wanted to in its current state… which I may do at some point. Maybe.
Whilst adding the navigation bar for the new tag pages I started playing around with some of the CSS, which quickly descended in to a complete redesign. It’s a lot more minimal (boring) now, and should be easier to use.
Go forth and find bugs.
Subscribe via RSS